Thursday, December 25, 2008

The blessing of a Godly family!

I sit here thinking about all the things that I have to be thankful for and the biggest thing that comes to my mind beside my savior is my family. They have always been supportive in my decisions and the directions that I feel that God is moving me. All through out my life I have seen God's hand touch my life in a way that I can never forget it. No matter what step I have taken next in my life God has always laid the foundation and provided for me. So as I sit here being a college student in awe of the life that God has given me I am thankful for a Savior that has seen that I have searched for him and he has made my paths clear. Without the love and direction of my heavenly father I would be lost and not sure of what my next step that I should take. I have my family to thank as well for helping me put complete faith in him. My wonderful parents have raised me to understand that apart from Christ i have nothing and with him I have everything.

I honestly believe that Christ rewards those who are faithful to him and are willing to live their lives for him. I can see these rewards all through out my life but my most recent blessing is a girl named Shelly. Shelly has been such a great inspiration to me and has encouraged me to seek the father more than I could have ever thought. She has so much zeal for the Lord and when her face lights up with the glory of God I just melt. She is more than I could have ever asked for and I honestly believe that it is because we have been faithful to him that he has brought us together. She will tell you the same things that I have already mentioned. She has been raised by a loving family that was in love with God. She was seeking God with all her heart when she ran into me and together we desire to serve him with everything we have. If we have to give up everything we know and have to serve him then we are more than willing to do so. So on this Christmas night in December we ask that you pray for us and that God will use us more than ever for his glory and not our own!

In Him,
Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment