Saturday, April 11, 2009

Personal Bible Study #1

I am venturing into a love relationship with Jesus Christ. I want it to be bigger than me and bigger than I could ever dream. In an effort to be more committed I am posting my personal encounters with God so that all may know and hopefully see the evidence of Christ in my life.

Personal Bible Study #1

Galatians 2

Paul might have spent fourteen years preparing for his ministry. This preparation period included time alone with God, as well as time conferring with other Christians. Often new Christians in their zeal wanting to begin full time ministry without investing the necessary time studying the Bible and learning from qualified leaders.

Commentary:

"We need not wait to share Christ with our friends, but we may need preparation before embarking on a special ministry. Whether volunteered or paid. While we wait on God's timing we must study, learn and grow.

2.2
Paul goes in response to a revelation. God appeared to Paul and told him to go and talk to those in Jerusalem and tell them that salvation is for everyone.

2:11
Confutation in the Faith- Paul vs. Peter and all the Jews

Immediately Paul confronts the issue "I opposed him to his face... because he was clearly in the wrong."

The argument 1 on 1

Peter: "You must be saved through Christ bu you must also follow all the laws."

Paul: "You must be saved through Christ."

Paul's argument against peter is that he has been proclaiming that Christ is not enough to save you from your sins.

Christ is all you need!

No comments:

Post a Comment